[Book Review] Mindset – The Psychology of Success / Carol Dweck
[Book Review] Mindset – The Psychology of Success
Book Title: Mindset – The Psychology of Success
Author: Carol Dweck
Genre/ Category: Human Behaviour/ Psychology
Average Rating: 4.6 Stars
*Find this book from these outlets:
1. The Fixed Mindset: “Fixed mindset comes from the belief that your qualities are carved in stone. Who you are is who you are period.”
a. “Characteristics such as intelligence, personality and creativity are fixed traits, rather than something that can be developed”
2. The Growth Mindset: “A growth mindset comes from the belief that your basic qualities are things you can cultivate through effort”
a. “Yes, people differ greatly in aptitude, talents, interest or temperaments, but everyone can change through application and experience”
b. Change a “can’t” to a “not yet” mindset, but set the belief that things can be improved and changed with time and the correct application
(*Passion, discipline and method)
3. Progress Mindset: It’s less about getting things right and more about progress – Even small progress is seen as some success (Incremental progress and growth)
4. Mindset in Health: Gradual progress is seen as a progressive mindset over time and will result in a positive outcome – Quick expected results and instant gratification along with excuses for a failure to succeed is normally influenced by a fixed mindset
5. Mindset in Sports: More effort will = Greater results – 10,000 hour rule, are you willing to commit to your BIG dream? Expect at least 10,000 hours commitment and start now!
6. Mindset in Business: “Growth – The only metric that matters” – Look for incremental upward trends, that’s the growth you need. Exponential/ compounding growth in time
7. Mindset in Money: “I’m poor, I always will be and people with money are evil” – This is that of a fixed mindset
a. Book – Rich Dad, Poor Dad: “Broke is temporary, poor is eternal”
8. Mindset in Relationships: Greatest potential area of pain or pleasure – Fixed mindset is: “I’m not loveable or they left me because there is something wrong with me etc.”
a. Fixed Mindset in a relationship: “We shouldn’t have to work on our relationships”
b. “Relationships are meant to be a place we go to give, not a place we go to get” – Look to offer a ‘give mentality’
9. Two of the most dangerous words:
a. I can’t…
10. Get on your own team: Coach yourself, keep a journal – Helps you develop objective viewpoints (e.g. www.mybestjournal.com)
See recommended books by category & get your FREE eBook today! *Click banners below to link to the relevant pages.
What we can offer you!
Four key areas where we can help you & your business.